Traditionally, only inspectors from the local authority were authorised to undertake building control, creating a bureaucratic monopoly. But the Building Act 1984 opened up the market, allowing qualified companies in the private sector to fulfil this role instead of Local Authorities in England and Wales. Wilkinson Construction Consultants are one of these companies known as Approved Inspectors and licensed by the Construction Industry Council (licence number 153).
Our expertise is available for all types of development in South East England and though we tend to specialise in residential extensions, offices, hotels and pubs.
Benefits of using our service include
- Freedom from bureaucracy providing a rapid, professional and first class service
- One contact point no matter where your projects are located
- Free pre tender advice to avoid abortive work
- Local fire authority negotiations by qualified fire engineers to obtain best value and economic solutions for your projects
- Rapid plan checks most within 5 days and in stages if required
- Consistent interpretation of the regulations throughout the country
- Competitive fees, we are usually able to match or beat Local Authorities published prices
- All work covered by professional indemnity insurance