Further ahead, there will be changes to the UK’s immigration regime. The British Chambers of Commerce is advising the Home Office on this, using feedback from across the UK Chamber Network.
Your business should consider
- What will be your skills and labour needs over the next few years?
- Will you need to hire someone from outside the UK?
- What steps will you need to take to hire them?
- Could different arrangements (remote working) be feasible for your business?
- Consider how your future travel to the EU for the servicing of contracts or other purposes may be affected
Resources and information
Check the non-EEA visa requirements for the country you are visiting: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Non-EEA Business visitors to the UK currently require a Standard Visa which involves fees and processing time: www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
If you transfer staff between businesses in your group, or run a graduate training scheme, restrictions may apply. Current non-EEA Intra Company Transfers fall under the UK’s Tier 2 sponsorship arrangements, with regulatory and record keeping requirements for employers: www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers